At a Glance
Get to know the Neighbourhood
Located just south of Dundrum and at the foot of the Dublin Mountains, Ballinteer is a popular residential neighbourhood ideal for the growing family. The area is popular for its close proximity to the urban centre of Dundrum while offering a peaceful way of life with access to some of Dublin’s best parks and sports clubs.
One of Ballinteer’s best amenities is Marlay Park, an 86-hectare green space with a café, farmers’ markets, playgrounds and starting point for the world famous Wicklow Way walking trails. The park is also home to the annual Longitude Festival and local Ballinteer-St John’s GAA Club. The nearby Grange Golf Club in Rathfarnham is a popular spot for avid golfers, and St Enda’s Park with the Pearse Museum are points of interest for both tourists and residents.
Every conceivable amenity is available in the surrounding area, served by both Ballinteer Shopping Centre and all of the dining, shopping and entertaining that neighbouring Dundrum has to offer. Excellent transport links run regular service through Ballinteer, including bus routes and the green line Luas. Ballinteer is home to a number of excellent schools, both primary and secondary, including Our Lady’s Boys’ and Girls’ national schools, St Attracta’s, and Ballinteer Community School.
- Green space, sports pitches, entertainment and exercise at Marlay Park
- Mature, peaceful residential neighbourhood
- Close proximity to primary and secondary schools
- Easy access to Dublin Mountains
- Excellent transport links to Dublin City and beyond
- Green line (Brides Glen/Broomfield) at Balally
- 14 – Beaumont (Ardlea Rd) to Dundrum Luas Station
- 16 – Dublin Airport towards Ballinteer (Kingston)
- 116 – Parnell Sq to Whitechurch
- 161 – Dundrum Luas Station to Rockbrook/Tibradden
- 75 – Dun Laoghaire to The Square Tallaght