At a Glance
Get to know the Neighbourhood
Booterstown, once favoured by the High King of Ireland on the route that connected his residence at Tara to the outlying lands stretching towards Bray, continues to be a popular neighbourhood in modern times. Conveniently located between the coastline and Stillorgan Road and just five kilometres south of Dublin city centre, Booterstown is ideal for any buyer.
This Dublin suburb is well-serviced by an excellent selection of primary and secondary schools, and UCD Belfield is just a stone’s throw away. All of the wonderful amenities neighbouring Blackrock have to offer – including shopping centres, restaurants, cafes and boutique shops – are within easy reach for residents of Booterstown. The area is perhaps one of Dublin’s best accessed for public transport, with a DART station, Aircoach and multiple bus routes offering all-day service into the city centre and beyond.
Although the bustle of Dublin city centre is just a short commute away, Booterstown offers a wide array of excellent outdoor activities and recreational amenities. The popular Elm Park Golf and Sports Club are nearby and families can enjoy open green space and fresh sea air in Booterstown Park, with its playground and close proximity to the sea. Nature enthusiasts will know the area as home to Booterstown Marsh, a protected bird sanctuary. After a round of golf or a nature walk, enjoy a welcome respite at Booterstown’s famous The Old Punch Bowl, established in 1779.
- Highly desirable bustling coastal area
- High density of excellent primary and secondary schools
- Excellent transport links
- Superb array of recreational amenities
- Mature and well-established neighbourhood
- At Booterstown (Howth/Greystones)
- 4 - Harristown towards Monkstown Avenue
- 7 - Mountjoy Square towards Brides Glen
- 7A - Mountjoy Square towards Loughlinstown
- 7b - Mountjoy Square towards Shankill
- 7d - Mountjoy Square towards Dalkey
- 46a - Phoenix Park towards Dún Laoghaire
- 46e - Blackrock Station towards Mountjoy Square
- 47 - Poolbeg St to Belarmine
- 116 - Parnell Sq to Whitechurch
- 118 - Kilternan towards Eden Quay
- 145 - Heuston Rail Station to Ballywaltrim
- 155 - Ikea towards Bray Rail Station
- 700 – Dublin Airport to Dublin City Centre and UCD