At a Glance
Get to know the Neighbourhood
Foxrock is a popular leafy suburb nestled between Dublin Bay and the foothills of the Dublin Mountains. Centred on a small village, it is well-served with shops, restaurants and cafes, along with an excellent choice of schools.
The neighbourhood is home to one particularly famous (although fictional) resident: Ross O’Carroll-Kelly. Foxrock remains a suburb in high-demand from real buyers as well, who enjoy dining at local favourites such as The Gables and Bistro One. Recreational amenities are numerous in Foxrock and include the Foxrock and Leopardstown Golf Club, nearby shops at Carrickmines and the Foxrock Cabinteely GAA Club.
A particular feature to Foxrock is the close proximity to Cabinteely Park which spans 45 hectares and includes excellent walks and a children's playground. It is also a good place to look for rare birds such as the great spotted woodpecker.
There are numerous primary and secondary schools serving the area, such as St Brigid's Girls National School, St Brigid's Boys National School, Cabinteely Community School, Clonkeen College and Loreto Convent.
Foxrock lies just off the N11, only 12 kilometres from Dublin city centre. It is also accessible from Dun Laoghaire and the M50, via junction 15 Carrickmines. A number of bus routes operated by Dublin Bus serve Foxrock such as the 63, 84, 84a and 84x. The Luas Green Line passes close to Foxrock village with a stop at Carrickmines (about 15 minutes’ walk from the village), with a journey time of less than 30 minutes to Dublin city centre.
- Cabinteely Park and Carrickmines retail park
- Great sporting facilities nearby
- Excellent primary and secondary schools
- Transport links to include the M50, LUAS and QBC
- Superb array of recreational amenities
- Mature and well-established neighbourhood
- 63 – Dun Laoghaire to Kilternan
- 84a – Blackrock towards Newcastle
- 84x – Hawkins Street towards Newcastle/Kilcoole
- 145 – Heuston Rail Station to Ballywaltrim
- Green line (Bride’s Glen/Broomfield) stop at Carrickmines
- 700 – Dublin Airport to Dublin City Centre and UCD
and Tennis Clubs