At a Glance
Get to know the Neighbourhood
Harold’s Cross is a deservedly popular residential area, located just 2.5 kilometres from St Stephen’s Green. In recent years, the neighbourhood has become a popular spot for trendy restaurants, cafes and pubs, and continues to draw both young professionals looking for their first home and families ready to settle down in the area.
Harold’s Cross benefits from a number of popular restaurants such as Craft, HX46 and The Joshua Tree along with well-known bars like Peggy Kelly’s and McGowan’s. The stunning Stella Cinema in Rathmines and the many fine restaurants, bars and boutique shops in Ranelagh, are all within walking distance. There is an abundance of sporting and recreational amenities in the immediate area including Stratford Lawn Tennis Club, Portobello GAA Club, Kenilworth Bowling Club and Terenure Sports Club. Local parks nearby include Harold’s Cross Park, Kenilworth Square and Eamonn Ceannt Park and provide excellent options for leisurely strolls or running.
The area is well serviced by an excellent public transport network of Dublin Bus as well as the Luas at Charlemont (just 1.5km away). The M50 is a short drive away, providing links to the arterial road network and Dublin Airport. The area is served by a selection of premier schools including Harold’s Cross National School, St Catherine’s Primary School, St Clare’s Convent National School and Griffith Barracks Educate Together for primary education. For the senior cycle, Harold’s Cross is within close proximity of both St Mary’s College and St Louis High School.
- Trendy restaurants, cafes and pubs
- Close proximity to Dublin city centre
- Harold’s Cross Park
- Excellent choice of secondary and primary schools in the area
- Friendly, residential neighbourhood
- Green line (Bride’s Glen/Broomfield) at Charlemont
- 9 – Charlestown towards Limekiln Avenue
- 16 – Dublin Airport towards Ballinteer
- 49 – Pearse Street to Tallaght (The Square)
- 54a – Pearse Street to Ellensborough/Kiltipper Way
- 83 – Harristown towards Kimmage
- 18 – Palmerstown to Sandymount