At a Glance
Get to know the Neighbourhood
Killiney is an affluent seaside resort and suburb in Dún Laoghaire–Rathdown. It lies south of neighbouring Dalkey, and north of Shankill. The village grew around the 11th century Killiney Church, and became a popular seaside resort in the 19th century.
This is a highly regarded area, very popular with its fair share of celebrity residents. The majority of houses in Killiney are substantial in size with larger than normal gardens. Those situated on the southern slopes of Killiney Hill offer stunning views of the seascape and landscape and tend to be very sought-after. Likewise, the excellent selection of local primary and secondary schools such as Glenageary Killiney National School (Wyvern), St Joseph’s of Killiney and Holy Child are a big draw for families looking to settle down.
The area has an abundance of excellent leisure and recreation facilities, such as coastal and hill walks, rock climbing and even hang gliding (for those not faint of heart!). Killiney Beach is particularly popular with swimmers and bathers alike, and nearby Dun Laoghaire Harbour with its four yacht clubs and extensive marina is very popular with the marine and sailing enthusiasts. Of course, Killiney Hill is well known for its stunning walks and views overlooking Dublin Bay.
Killiney’s DART station offers easy access to Dublin city, and a regular bus service reaches the public transport options at Dun Laoghaire. However, with the many excellent amenities in Killiney town, residents often opt for the renowned restaurants, cafés, pubs and shopping closer to home. Everything needed for modern living – including supermarkets, pharmacy, dentistry, banks and newsagents – are available in this charming south Dublin village.
- Swimming and bathing at Killiney Beach, the Forty Foot and Sandycove Harbour
- Tranquil scenic walks over Killiney Hill
- Convenient to the N11, Luas, M50 and the airport
- Kilbogget Park with Seapoint Rugby Club, Cabinteely Football Club and playground
- Surrounded by primary and secondary schools
- (Greystones/Malahide) at Killiney Station
- 111 – Bride’s Glen Luas towards Dalkey
- 45A – Dun Laoghaire (Rail Station) toward Kilmacanogue
- 7 – Mountjoy Sq towards Bride’s Glen Luas Stop
- 7B – Mountjoy Sq towards Shankill
- Green line (Brides Glen/Broomfield) at Cherrywood