At a Glance
Get to know the Neighbourhood
Leopardstown is a quiet, comfortable village located at the foot of the Dublin Mountains. Although best known for Leopardstown Racecourse, the area is also popular for its peaceful residential neighbourhoods and easy access to the nature walks and views of the Dublin Mountains.
There are excellent recreational amenities in the area including the renowned Leopardstown Racecourse. Once the fabulous hats and stylish suits are put away, there is still plenty to enjoy about living in Leopardstown, including West Wood Athletic Club and the Kilmacud Crokes GAA Club. Leopardstown Shopping Centre has many shops including Dunnes Stores, The Grafton Barber, Lloyds Pharmacy and more. There is also the popular pub, The Leopardstown Inn.
Housing in the area comprises a mixture of houses and apartments. It is a very settled and well-established location, with 40% of households being couples with children. 66% of the housing type is semi-detached, detached or terraced houses and 32% are apartments. For families, Leopardstown offers numerous options for school, both primary and secondary education.
Leopardstown is extremely well served by public transport, including the LUAS, Aircoach and excellent bus routes such as the 44, 47, 63, 114 and 118. The M50 and N11 provide ease of access to the airport in 30 minutes and Dublin City Centre in 20 minutes.
- Excellent transport links
- Superb array of recreational amenities
- Mature and well-established neighbourhood
- Leopardstown Racecourse
- Leopardstown Shopping Centre
- Green line (Bride’s Glen/Broomfield) at Central Park and Sandyford
- 44 – From DCU towards Enniskerry
- 47 – Poolbeg St to Belarmine
- 63 – Dun Laoghaire to Kilternan
- 118 – Kilternan towards Eden Quay
- 114 – Blackrock DART Station to Rockview
- 700 - Dublin Airport to Dublin City Centre and UCD