At a Glance
Get to know the Neighbourhood
Ideally situated between Blackrock and Dun Laoghaire, Monkstown is a picturesque coastal village with a wide variety of restaurants and shops. This popular South Dublin village is famous for its seafront walks, boutique shops and easy access into Dublin city centre.
Residents of Monkstown enjoy a wide range of excellent restaurants, bars, specialty shops and cafes, all located within minutes on Monkstown Crescent. Some of South County Dublin’s most favoured restaurants have made their home in Monkstown, including the ever-popular Avoca and Osteria 99. Further amenities are available just up the road in Dun Laoghaire, where there are two shopping centres, IMC Cinema, Tesco, the Pavilion Theatre and second-to-none marine facilities along the seafront. Monkstown also has the advantage of enjoying neighbouring Blackrock, with its two newly-refurbished shopping centres and a further array of boutique shops, restaurants and bars.
Coastal walks, swimming at Seapoint Beach, a range of sports clubs and more make up the wide array of recreational amenities in Monkstown. This family-friendly location is home to a selection of top-rated schools, including CBC Monkstown, St Andrew’s, Loreto Foxrock, Scoil Lorcáin and more. With a variety of Dublin Bus routes, along with DART stations at Salthill and Monkstown, getting into Dublin City Centre is an easy commute.
Monkstown Village has all the conveniences one could need, with the benefit of easy access to Dublin city. Predominantly surrounded by residential houses and a small percentage of apartments, Monkstown continues to be a very popular area to live.
- Highly desirable bustling village by the sea
- Excellent transport links including DART, Dublin Bus and Aircoach
- Superb array of recreational amenities
- Mature and well-established neighbourhood
- Seapoint Beach
- At Salthill and Monkstown (Howth/Greystones).
- 7 – Mountjoy Sq towards Brides Glen Luas Stop
- 7a – Mountjoy Sq towards Loughlinstown
- 63 – Dun Laoghaire to Kilternan
- 7n – D’Olier St. towards Shankill
- 700 – Dublin Airport to Dublin City Centre and UCD