At a Glance
Get to know the Neighbourhood
Easily one of Dublin’s most sought-after addresses, Ranelagh is particularly well known for its selection of specialty shops, restaurants and pubs, as well as its close proximity to St Stephen’s Green. Favoured by growing families and young professionals alike, residents of all walks of life can enjoy a stylish, convenient lifestyle in Ranelagh.
The area has had its share of famous residents (including artist Jack B Yeats’s former home on Marlborough Road) and continues to attract high-demand from buyers. Ranelagh enjoys world-class restaurants and pubs, including McSorley’s, Cinnamon, The Tap House, Smyth’s, TriBeCa and The Exchequer to name but a few popular local spots. Modern development is constantly ongoing in this neighbourhood, with the recent opening of The Devlin Hotel and Stella Cinema close by indicating a continued popularity in the area.
Outside of the fashionable dining and boutique shops, Ranelagh offers family-friendly living, with green space at Ranelagh Gardens Park and some of Dublin’s finest schools – Sandford Park, Gonzaga, Muckross Park College and more. The Mount Pleasant Lawn Tennis club is located in the area and Leinster Cricket Club nearby. Dublin city centre is a quick walk away, but the neighbourhood is also well serviced by two Luas green line stops.
- Walking distance of St Stephen’s Green
- Some of the finest restaurants, bars, and cafes in Dublin including Gigi, Dillinger’s, The Butcher Grill, and Night Market
- Ranelagh Gardens Park
- Excellent choice of schools
- Specialty shops and boutiques
- Charming village atmosphere
- Green line (Brides Glen/Broomfield) at Ranelagh Village and Beechwood
- 11 – Wadelai Park to Sandyford Business District
- 140 – Palmerston Park towards Ballymun (Ikea)
- 145 – Heuston Rail Station to Ballywaltrim
- 15 – Clongriffin to Ballycullen Road