Is this the property for you?
Built c. 1910, 5 St Davids Terrace is a well appointed three bed period property with an attic conversion and en suite shower room. The property is located close to the junction of Blackhorse Avenue and the North Circular Road and has a a railed garden to the front that affords the property added privacy. The traditional full brick façade with granite sills and lintels gives this property great curb appeal.
Built c. 1910, 5 St Davids Terrace is a well appointed three bed period property with an attic conversion and en suite shower room. The property is located close to the junction of Blackhorse Avenue and the North Circular Road and has a a railed garden to the front that affords the property added privacy. The traditional full brick façade with granite sills and lintels gives this property great curb appeal. The accommodation extends to 113 sqm (1216sqft) and combines old world charm with the comforts expected for modern living. The features of the house are indicative of era in which the house was built with a combination of sash windows, original fireplaces, decorative coving and centre roses, period property room proportions with high ceilings. To the rear double French doors access a very generous 25sqm southwest facing courtyard garden with a rear pedestrian access. The property is well presented throughout and offers a blend of contemporary accommodation with the style of a period property having been extensively upgraded in 2002/2003.
1. The house’s structure, including floor and ceiling joists were upgraded in 2002/3 when the house was extensively renovated.
2. The house was completely rewired at that time.
3. The house was completely re-plumbed at that time.
4. All floors and walls and roof were upgraded with premium quality thermal insulation.
5. Acoustic insulation was installed to all suspended floors. (first floor and attic floor).
6. The floor finishes to the ground floor include ‘Solid American Black Walnut Timber’ to the Bathroom, Sitting Room and Kitchen.
7. The floor tiles to the hall area are thick, solid polished cream Italian-Marble tiles laid in a stack bonded pattern.
8. The two ground floor fireplaces have matching feature flush mounted polished cream Italian-Marble hearths which provide contrast to the colour of the Walnut Timber floors.
9. The floor tiles to the dining area are Rectified Polished Porcelain Tiles.
10. The radiators are thermostatically controlled (control on each rad).
On entering the property, one is greeted by a beautiful hallway with 2.95m high ceiling with decorative coving, centre rose, ornate plaster archway. There is a utility room off the hall. The front reception room is bright and inviting with a feature fireplace and recessed lighting and an open arch bring you into the kitchen. There is a fitted kitchen with feature fireplace with tiled inset and cast iron, decorative coving, recessed lighting, island with whirlpool extractor fan chimney. Steps lead to the dining room and in turn two French doors access the rear courtyard (28sqm). At first floor level there is a modern bathroom with mosaic tiling. There are two double bedrooms and a large single bedroom at first floor level. At the top of the house is a converted attic room with a feature exposed brick wall and an ensuite shower room. The heating is gas fired.
The house is well served by local amenities, sporting facilities, schools and shopping.
Local schools include Belvedere, Castleknock College, St. Declans, Loreto on the Green, Mount Sackville, Scoil Caitriona as well as Mount Temple, Castleknock Community College and the new Educate Together Second Level School in Dublin 9. Trinity, DIT and DCU are within easy reach with UCD a single bus ride away. There are 20 primary schools in the area including four Educate Together schools and a Gael scoil.
The area is brilliantly located for a range of leisure activities. The Phoenix Park is a five-minute walk from the house offering walkers, joggers and cyclists the best possible amenity in the city. Kids will love the easy access to the Zoo (8-minute walk) as well as the huge playground at Aras an Uachtarain and the new modern playground in Grangegorman. There are four local GAA clubs, a soccer academy at Bohemians, cricket in the park and rowing at Islandbridge. Yoga enthusiasts will find some of Dublins best studios including the renowned Elbow Room.
The vibrant evening culture includes buzzing eateries and coffee shops (L Mulligan Grocer, Slice, Cotto, Cowtown café, Love Supreme) and inviting pubs (Walshs, Kavanaghs, The Cobblestone, The Barbers). While home cooks are well provisioned by local artisan shops such as Lilliput, Mooz, Little Italy, Green Door Bakery and Kish. The house is just a stroll from the Lighthouse Cinema, Collins Barracks Museum, Arbour Hill Cemetery as well as the festivals of Smithfield and Stoneybatter.
- Hallway (3.55m x 1.45m )
- Inner hallway (4.00m x 1.65m )stairs to first floor level and airing cupboard hot-press
- Reception Room (3.95m x 3.90m )with feature open fireplace, decorative coving, centre rose 2.95m high ceiling recessed lighting, sash window overlooking Blackhorse Avenue and an open arch to
- Kitchen (3.95m x 3.65m )with feature fireplace with tiled inset and cast iron, decorative coving, recessed lighting, island with whirlpool extractor chimney
- Utility Room (3.00m x 1.70m )with sink, storage, plumbed for washing machine and tumble drier, gas boiler and door to rear courtyard
- Dining Room (3.60m x 2.75m )with tiled floor, recessed lighting and French doors to a southwest facing rear courtyard, room has double French doors accessing the sunny courtyard
- Courtyard (5.60m x 5.00m )southwest facing courtyard that is a veritable sun trap with pedestrian access to the rear laneway
- Bathroom (3.50m x 2.00m )Generous bathroom with bath with telephone shower, WC wash hand basin dual aspects windows and access to attic
- Bedroom one (4.25m x 4.00m )Double bedroom with feature fireplace and window overlooking the rear courtyard
- Bedroom two (4.00m x 3.20m )Double bedroom with feature fireplace, high ceilings, decorative coving, and centre roses overlooking Blackhorse Avenue
- Bedroom three (2.50m x 2.15m )Large single bedroom with window overlooking Blackhorse Avenue
- En-suite shower room (1.65m x 1.55m )en-suite shower room with shower, unit, WC, wash hand basin and window
- Attic (4.00m x 3.50m )attic room with feature exposed brick to gable end, Velux windows with a south facing aspects overlooking the rear garden, storage to the eves, permanent staircase, and en suite shower room
- Street View