Is this the property for you?
Barrowville Townhouse is a fine Regency style home in the heart of Carlow Town. It is an elegant and imposing double fronted home, situated on a generous site of over half an acre. Extending to approx. 471.4 sq.m (5,074 sq.ft.) approx., Barrowville has bright and spacious accommodation laid out over three levels. There are many original period features throughout to include period fireplaces, sash windows, window shutters, ceiling cornicing and original doors.
Barrowville Townhouse is a fine Regency style home in the heart of Carlow Town. It is an elegant and imposing double fronted home, situated on a generous site of over half an acre. Extending to approx. 471.4 sq.m (5,074 sq.ft.) approx., Barrowville has bright and spacious accommodation laid out over three levels. There are many original period features throughout to include period fireplaces, sash windows, window shutters, ceiling cornicing and original doors. Approached via iron gates into a large parking forecourt with space for numerous cars, mature trees add to the privacy at the front. There is gated side access from the front to the rear gardens.
Set on a large site of approx. 0.56 acres (0.22 hectares), the gardens of Barrowville Townhouse truly are a delight. With an idyllic south westerly aspect to the rear, the gardens are mainly laid out in lawn and have a large array of mature trees and shrubs surrounding. The garden is walled on all sides and gravelled pathways lead you to a choice of outdoor buildings. A detached wooden chalet has an open plan living/bedroom/kitchen and a separate shower room. It is fully plumbed and wired for electricity. On the other side of the gardens there are two further garden rooms, previously used as a workshop and games room, and a WC.
Entering this fine home via original granite stone steps through the arched period front doorway, you are immediately impressed by the large reception hallway, with a carved timber staircase to the upper floors and down to the kitchen and lower ground floor. The drawing room is a beautiful, bright room being dual aspect. Double doors from here bring you into the bright breakfast room or sunroom. With windows on all sides overlooking the gardens, this is a lovely, bright spot to relax in. French doors opening to the garden. There is also a small kitchenette here with a sink ideal from when this was a functioning guest house. A stairs links to the kitchen on the lower ground floor. The study has a large window overlooking the front and links to a bedroom which has a large shower room en suite.
A mezzanine floor on the stair return leading to the kitchen floor has a small library or bar, with an open fireplace and French door to the gardens. The large open plan kitchen/dining room is a cosy spot with tiled floor, fitted kitchen units with marble countertops, circular stainless steel sink unit and drainer, electric hob, extractor, hot griddle, double electric ovens. A wood burning stove provides a cosy focal point for the room and boasts a brick surround, hearth and wooden mantle. A window seat overlooks the rear gardens and provides a relaxing spot to sit. A door to a Victorian style veranda or covered in patio area ensures you can enjoy this outdoor space in all kinds of Irish weather! Off the kitchen there is a large laundry room and separate WC. Two bedrooms with en suite shower rooms complete the accommodation on this level.
A second mezzanine floor on the stair return to the first floor has a bedroom overlooking the rear gardens, with an en suite shower room. On the first floor there are three double bedrooms, all with en suite shower rooms. All are a generous size and the largest features an open fireplace and has a dual aspect over the beautiful gardens. On the second floor there are three further double bedrooms, all bright and spacious rooms and each with en suite shower rooms. All of these bedrooms have quirky turret style windows and two of them have relaxing window seats. The Killeshan Hills can be viewed in the distance from the main bedroom on this level.
The accommodation throughout Barrowville Townhouse is ideal for growing families and has scope to be changed and adapted to suit. Whether it is more reception areas that you require or bedrooms, Barrowville offers it all.
Carlow is a busy, vibrant town in the southeast of Ireland. Being within a comfortable 84km commute of Dublin by car. For those who do not want to drive, the Carlow to Dublin commuter train will bring you there. You can also hop on the train to Kilkenny for a night out or Waterford for a change of scenery. Many towns are within easy reach from your Carlow base. Carlow town is also home to the Southeast Technological University and Tyndall College of Further Education. With many national schools and secondary schools to choose from, all within an easy distance, Barrowville Townhouse could be the ideal home for anyone who is looking for a large family home offering spacious accommodation and gardens. It could also easily be re-instated as a fine guesthouse or used as a private home with some separate rental accommodation.
Carlow town itself is within an easy stroll of Barrowville Townhouse. It boasts many fine restaurants, pubs, coffee shops and boutiques. Fairgreen Shopping Centre, Carlow Shopping Centre and Tullow Street offer the majority of Carlows main retailers. Carlow has a lot of offer with a lovely River walk along the Barrow as well as a large Town Park, a 12 acre space for people of all ages to enjoy.
For additional information, including floorplans and a walk-through video contact Selling Agent David Ashmore or Joan O’Hanlon in Lisney Sothebys International Realty.
- Reception Hallway (7.95m x 2.64m )Large reception hallway, with decorative glazed ceiling motif, central rose and ceiling cornicing.
- Drawing Room (7.87m x 4.89m )Bright room, dual aspect over the gardens. Dado rail, ceiling cornice, central rose, picture rail, window shutters, period marble open fireplace with gas fire inset. Glazed double doors through to …
- Sun Room/B'fast Room (8.78m x 4.12m )Laminate flooring, windows on all sides overlooking the gardens. French double doors to gardens. Stainless steel sink unit and drainer, tiled splashback and space for undercouter fridges. Stairs down to garden level.
- Study (4.93m x 2.81m )with carpet flooring, large window overlooking front, intricate ceiling cornicing and central rose, picture rail. Door to …
- Bedroom Suite (5.00m x 4.90m )with carpet flooring, fitted storage, two large windows overlooking gardens. open marble fireplace with marble surround and hearth, tiled inset, ceiling cornicing.
- En suite Large en suite shower room with tiled floor, central light, wc, whb, fully tiled around shower.
- Bar/Office (4.12m x 2.31m )with carpet flooring, window to side overlooking gardens, dado rail, picture rail, central light, open fireplace with black hearth, white wooden surround with tiled inset with electric fire inset.
- Kitchen/Dining (7.82m x 4.95m )With tiled floor, high quality custom made kitchen units with marble countertops, circular sink unit and drainer, window to front, electric hob, extractor, hot griddle, double oven, central island with understorage. Wood burning stove with brick surround, hearth and wooden mantle, wall panelling, window seat overlooking gardens. Door to outside 'covered in' patio area.
- Utility Room (3.10m x 2.19m )with tiled floor, plumbed for washing machine, central light and shelving.
- Bedroom (4.58m x 3.28m )with carpet flooring, dado rail, central light and window and fitted wardrobe.
- En suite Tiled floor, tiled walls, wc, whb, shaving light and socket, shower.
- Bedroom (4.79m x 2.88m )with carpet flooring, dado rail, window to rear overlooking gardens.
- En suite with tiled floor, part tiled walls, wc, whb, fitted mirror unit, shower, fully tiled around shower.
- Guest WC Tiled floor, wc and whb.
- Bedroom (4.12m x 2.31m )with carpet flooring, window to rear, central light, fitted storage.
- En suite Tiled floor, wc, whb, shower, fully tiled around shower, shaver light and socket.
- Bedroom (4.29m x 3.29m )with carpet flooring, window overlooing rear gardens, ceiling coving, door to walk in storage.
- En suite Tiled floor, part tiled walls, wc, whb, bidet, bath, fully tiled around bath.
- Bedroom (7.68m x 3.15m )Carpet flooring, ceiling cornicing and central rose. Two windows overlooking front, radiator cabinet.
- En suite with tiled floor, wc, whb with understorage, bath with shower attachment, fully tiled around bath, bidet.
- Bedroom (5.70m x 5.01m )Large bright room with carpet flooring, ceiling cornicing, centrl rose. Dual aspect over the gardens, fitted storage, open fireplace with wooden mantle and decorative inset.
- En suite with tiled floor, part tiled walls, window overlooking front, ceiling cornicing, wc, whb with understorage, bidet, bath with shower attachment.
- Bedroom (5.44m x 3.43m )Carpet flooring, turret style window, dado rail, fitted storage.
- En suite with tiled floor and walls, wc, whb, Velux rooflight, corner Mira shower fully tiled.
- Bedroom (3.78m x 3.53m )Large double room with carpet flooring, dado rail, turret style window overlooking front, window seat, fitted storage.
- En suite Tiled floor and walls, Velux rooflight, wall mirror, wc, whb, shower with Mira shower.
- Bedroom (6.12m x 4.84m )Carpet flooring, centre rose, turret style window, fitted storage, overlooking front gardens and views out to the Killeshan Hills.
- En suite Tiled floor, part tiled walls, wc, whb with understorage, fitted wall mirror, bidet, window to front, bath with shower attachment, fully tiled around bath.
- Street View