The Essence Of Lisney
Our people have a shared ambition and work collectively to ensure we have “excellence at all times” and in everything that we do. We believe our people are our success.
We are all in it together, building lasting relationships, continuously learning, and striving to be the best we can be, for ourselves, for our teams and for our clients.
We are personally invested in you. We want you to be the best you can be by exploring your career progression, working with you on personal development and providing guidance and motivation throughout your career journey.
We believe in a culture where drive and decency come together. We believe we are better together.
And most importantly, we love what we do.
A Pathway To Starting Your Career
Lisney has the most highly respected graduate programme in the Irish property industry, focused on developing your technical, interpersonal, teamwork and organisational skills.
We offer all our graduates all the experience and training necessary to complete their Assessment of Professional Competence (APC), which is required to become a chartered surveyor and full member of the Society of Chartered Surveyors Ireland and Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
Walk In Our Shoes
The graduate programme lasts two to three years, and during this time you’ll get a chance to gain hands-on experience in at least two Lisney departments — and this will help you decide whether you’d prefer the Residential pathway or the Commercial pathway.
You’ll get feedback at every stage, and we won’t put you forward for the APC exams until you’re ready. We’re ready to work with you to hit your career goals.
Join Us In Our Journey
If you are open to new ideas, believe learning is power and believe in building relationships to last, we would like to hear from you.
We believe the secret to ‘loving what you do’ is the to walk in the shoes of others – “Power in the Personal”.
We are hiring
Commercial Property Manager
The Lisney Property management team are a dynamic and fast-growing department within Lisney Ltd. We are looking for a professional to take a leading role in growing and managing a portfolio of commercial space across Dublin, by managing the delivery of best in class, sustainable facilities and property management.
The Property Manager will be responsible for the day to day management of a mixed use commercial portfolio on behalf of landlords / management companies. Duties will include (but are not limited to) the following:
Day to day – what the role looks like:
- In conjunction with Property Management Accounts ensuring the collection and remittance of rents and service charges, insurance premiums etc on behalf of our clients and the preparation of service charge budgets
- General supervision of the state of repair of the property and arranging for works / schedules of dilapidations to be undertaken in a timely manner
- Arranging for building / third party insurances, paying premiums, recovering expenditure from tenants. Dealing with claim for losses covered by insurance and answering tenants enquiries relating to insurance cover
- Ensuring that all leases / licences etc are up to date and recorded correctly on the property system
- Dealing with tenants applications for alterations, subletting, assignments etc
- Ensuring compliance with lease covenants
- Implementation and tracking of PPM programme
- Maintenance of information on the Helpdesk and key holder details
- Management of Fire and Health &Safety matters and responding to ad hoc emergency maintenance requests
What you will need to apply:
- Degree or business-related qualification. Degree in property desired by not essential
- Hold a valid PSRA licence and ideally working towards SCSI membership.
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience post qualification in a similar position.
- Must be self-motivated, results orientated with a passion for business development.
- Possess strong technical knowledge of Health and Safety, Water Safety, legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Preferably but not essentially, have a good understanding of; Estate Management Software, Building Preventative Maintenance Software packages and FM help desk programs.
- Have experience in the preparation of Service Charges and/or FM Annual Budgets including, estimating, cost control and analysis of financial reports. Good numeracy and writing skills are therefore important. Have a fundamental understanding of Landlord & Tenant legislation
- At least 3-4 years Commercial Property Management experience
- Full valid driver’s license
- Fundamental understanding of landlord/tenant relationships and property law.
- Familiarity with computerized Property Management systems such as TRAMPS etc. is desirable.
Residential Sales Negotiator (Maternity Contract)
A fantastic opportunity for a Sales Negotiator to cover a maternity placement in our Cork Residential team. We are looking for a self-starter with drive and ambition, capable of working on their own initiative. This is an excellent opportunity to work for an expanding organisation as it may open further opportunities for future career progression.
Day to day responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director & Branch Manager, the successful candidate will be involved in a varied role working to tight deadlines in a dynamic environment. The role would typically include activities such as:
- Liaising with vendors regarding potential property instructions and sales progression
- Actively involved in the sale of properties to meet office targets and Business Development
- Responsible making/confirming all appointments and inspections, Liaising with buyers and solicitors.
- Involved with Valuation/Appraisals
- File Management System, diary maintenance, Attending all residential meetings.
- Filing and general compliance – BERs, signed Terms & Conditions, money laundering
- Attending and participating in all residential meetings
- Evening & Saturday Viewings
- This is not an exhaustive list
- 2 to 5 years previous experience within residential sales /Industry experience/sales
- Must hold a PSRA licence /eligible to obtain a PSRA licence
- Must have a full driving license and vehicle
- Available for evening & Saturday viewings
- First-rate customer services skills with an outstanding ability to liaise with vendors and buyers
- A keen interest in residential sales
- A positive attitude towards their work
- Willingness to work as part of an interactive team
- An ability to build and maintain good networks internally and externally
- Demonstrate excellent communication both verbal and written skills and hold excellent interpersonal skills
- Possess self-management skills and the motivation to efficiently plan and organise their own work time
- Assess priorities within their own work area
- Handles routine work with limited supervision
Location: Dublin City
Day to day – what the role looks like:
- Negotiating commercial terms for sales and lettings.
- Marketing of office properties, making pitches and generally promoting the firm
- Liaising with potential clients, both owners and tenants
- Assisting with the winning of new business
- Demonstrate knowledge of all services offered by the company
- Keeping briefed on market activity
- Inspecting and measuring buildings
- Preparing good quality pitch documents and presenting to clients, where required
- Preparing marketing material and managing media coverage on the project;
- Work with an energetic agency team
- Uploading properties and managing website
- Handling Enquiries on Lisney properties
- Attendance at properties and conducting viewings as necessary
- Researching market data such as property records and transactions
- Negotiating lease and sale terms with interested parties
- Liaising with solicitors and managing the legal process on property transactions
- Drawing up, presenting and negotiating competitive proposals;
- Complying and producing property search reports for clients.
- Communicating effectively with colleagues and clients, ensuring strong relationships
- Providing clients with informed strategic advice to enable them to make good decisions for their portfolio/ businesses.
- Meet the necessary requirements of the PSRA
- Have proven experience in commercial agency
- Possess the ability to build relationships and develop new business
- Be capable of working on your own initiative and be working to progress your career with quality experience
- Proficient in prioritising workload and time management skills
- Ability to follow instruction from clients and directors
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be enthusiastic, energetic and professional in your approach to work
- Qualified Surveyor and a Member of the SCSI/RICS
- Have good IT skills (MS Outlook, Word, Excel, AutoCAD)
- Be comfortable with the standard outputs and deliverables in measuring buildings
- Have good time management and prioritisation skills
- Work with focus, minimal supervision and enthusiasm, capable of working as part of a team, able to adapt to different work practices
- Be a good communicator with high levels of numeracy and literacy
- Hold a full driving license
Join us and make a difference
If you’d like to join a fantastic group of skilled and highly motivated people, let us know. You could make a difference.