At a Glance
Get to know the Neighbourhood
Rathmines is famous for being a village-like suburb, boasting upscale gastropubs, bistros, coffee shops and more, all within a short walk of St Stephen’s Green.
Rathmines is renowned for being a young, vibrant community in Dublin 6. A wide array of residential property comes to the market in this popular neighbourhood, including townhouses, apartments and family homes, in addition to the fine Victorian houses on leafy tree-lined roads, such as Cowper Road and Grosvenor Road.
The neighbourhood is a historic spot in Dublin that has undergone extensive modern transformation in recent years. Landmark architecture including the clock tower, Rathmines Library, Cathal Bruagh Barracks, and the less well known Church of the Mary Immaculate Refuge of Sinners, with its stunning copper dome (an original designed for a church in St Petersburg) sit beside popular modern eateries such as Hush and Elephant and Castle, and the glamourous Stella Cinema. The recently refurbished Swan Centre includes a cinema, Dunnes Stores, bookshop, chemist and clothing boutiques.
The key benefits of Rathmines are its bustling social scene, amenities, and proximity to the city centre. A number of schools in the area including St Mary’s, St Louis High School and Kildare Place National School offer education for students of all ages. All-day bus routes run through Rathmines, including the 15, 65, 140 and 83.
Rathmines is a highly sought-after neighbourhood for both families looking to settle down and young professionals seeking city life in a quieter location. With so many fantastic amenities, as well as its proximity to Dublin city centre, this trendy suburb has something for everyone.
- Abundance of shops, restaurants, pubs
- Stella Cinema
- Recreational amenities of the fine period squares including Kenilworth Square Belgrave Square, Leinster Cricket Club
- Walking distance to the city centre
- Swan Centre shops
- green line (Bride’s Glen/Broomfield) at Cowper
- 15 – Clongriffin to Ballycullen Road
- 15a – Ringsend Road (Barrow Street) to Limekiln Ave
- 15b – Ringsend Road (Barrow Street) to Stocking Ave
- 15d – Ringsend Road (Barrow Street) to Whitechurch
- 65 – Poolbeg St. to Blessington / Ballymore
- 65b – Poolbeg St towards Citywest
- 83 – Harristown towards Kimmage
- 140 – Palmerston Park toward Ballymun (Ikea)