At a Glance
Get to know the Neighbourhood
Goatstown’s name derives from the original industry of the area – you guessed it, the goat breeding and dairy farms that served the Dublin area from the 19th century. Today, Goatstown is a popular suburb that neighbours Blackrock, Dundrum, Sandyford and Ranelagh.
Although Goatstown is primarily a residential area, a small village centre features a pharmacy, outdoors store and the well-known Goat Grill & Bar, situated on a site where a pub has always stood since the early 18th century. As far as amenities go, Goatstown is perfectly situated to take advantage of all that its neighbouring villages have to offer. Dundrum Shopping Centre, with its excellent choice of shops, restaurants, cafes and pubs, is a 15-minute walk away. Further shopping is easily accessed at Stillorgan village. Mount Merrion’s nearby Deerpark offers green space ideal for tranquil walks and a playground.
Goatstown is popular with growing families and is close to an excellent selection of schools, including Mount Anville, Our Lady’s Grove and Goatstown Stillorgan Educate Together. UCD Belfield is a short distance away. Getting to and from Goatstown is convenient, as the area is serviced by a number of different transport routes, including regular bus service and the Luas green line at Balally.
- Friendly, quiet residential address
- Historic Goat Grill & Pub
- Close to Dundrum Shopping Centre
- Excellent choice of primary and secondary schools in the immediate vicinity
- Multiple transport routes offering easy access to Dublin city centre
- Green line (Brides Glen/Broomfield) at Balally
- 11 – Wadelai Park to Sandyford Business District
- 75 – Dun Laoghaire to The Square Tallaght